Saturday, August 8, 2009

.17. Castaway Cove

So on Thursday, Mom, Anna, and I headed to Wichita Falls, TX to have a little fun in the sun at Castaway Cove. It's not a great big waterpark, but it has plenty of stuff to do with a 4 (almost 5!) year old. I had taken Anna to get her 4 year old vaccination's for school (I had to get a few too so I asked if I could just take her) about a month ago and I promised her as a reward for putting her through that we would go to the waterpark. Boy did we have a BLAST! I was afraid it was going to rain us out, but by the time we got there it was HOT HOT HOT!

C and I had taken Anna to this waterpark last year and she loved it. It has a really nice kids area with three miniature water slides and some other smaller water slides. Last year Anna would only go down them if she could sit in my lap, and this year she started off that way, but by the end of the day, she was going down them face first on her tummy! GO ANNA!

She was also tall enough this year to ride on one of the big slides in a double tube so we got to ride together. She LOVED it! She's so little though, she sat in the front of the tube as close to me as she could get and I wrapped my feet around her and had a death grip on her life jacket just in case. There was no way I was going to let her fly outta there! We had so much fun though. I love how the lazy river floats into their wave pool and you have to cross the waves to get to the other side of the river. That was my favorite part of the trip! The waves were so strong that they about knocked all three of us down. We could not stop laughing! Here's a picture collage of our day:

You can click the picture to make it bigger and please excuse the crappy quality of the pictures. They were taken with one of those waterproof disposable things and let me just say I am so glad I have a nice digital camera for really nice pictures! And Carol over at inkyblog gave me the idea for this collage. Go check her blog out, she's funny, a great photographer, and her two boys are adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment